Using this wizard will provide you with a pre-configured setup of the KKP based on your configuration inputs.
It is using a combination of various tools to handle all steps for you.
Throughout this documentation, we are going to mention many Kubermatic Kubernetese Platform
concepts and terms.
AWS account or vSphere deployment
Environment that will be used for cloud resources needed to run the KKP.
You’ll need static credentials for the CLI tools in case of AWS.
GitHub or GitLab repository
It will be used for storing the declarative setup of all components,
can be either public or private, managed by user or organization.
Hosted DNS domain
For setting up DNS endpoint for accessing KKP and other components
(if you have Route53 - records preparation can be fully automated as long as the hosted zone is the same account as other AWS resources).
- GitHub Actions / Workflow - for management of complete delivery pipeline on top of your GitHub repository
- GitLab CI/CD - for management of complete delivery pipeline on top of your GitLab repository
- Terraform - for provisioning of AWS resources for Kubernetes master cluster (the cluster that will run Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform components)
- KubeOne - for provisioning of Kubernetes master / seed cluster
- KKP installer - for installing Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform on master cluster
- Flux v2 - GitOps tool for management of all Kubernetes resources in GitOps way
- SOPS - for storage of sensitive values and configuration in your GitHub repository, using Age encryption backend